Sunday, September 26, 2010

Final thoughts of Austria from Kathy

A SWEET BABY BOY

Here it is, day 5 of being home, and I am waking up every morning 2:30 or so, to start my day. My heart and spirit are still at The Oasis. And I am so thankful for it. God has lead a beautiful team of missionaries there, that he continues to Bless in His Magnificent ways, as they pour out their hearts to those they were called to serve. I have been Blessed by God to have had this opportunity to be in their presence.

My preparation for the trip started here at home along with a great team from FBCG. For months, we lifted our hearts and souls up to God as he paved the wayfor our 2 weeks there. I was amazed, and still am in awe and will continue to be, of our Lord and how he works His Ways in us, through us and all around us.

As I look back now, I see that God also prepared me on my job, as a nurse, before I was to head off on my trip. I work as a nurse in one of the poorest communities in suburban Chicago, in the Pediatric area. There was this 2 month old little boy in for his Dr's visit and to receive his first roundof immunizations. When the Dr. was finished, and I was called in to get the baby's chart, I saw a mother with her teenage daughter standing quietly at the littleboy's side. I caught a glimpse of the baby and noticed he had a cleft lip. As I headed out of the room, I felt Mom and Sister looking at me, waiting to see my reaction to the baby's face. My heart ached for the baby and family.

One of my first days at the Oasis, I saw a mother with her baby heading around the corner toward our open doors, with her husband walking close behind. As she entered, I noticed a beautiful little boy, who had a cleft lip and palate. I held him and hugged him and thought of the little boy back home. How these parents must hurt for their little ones, who expect to bring a perfect baby into the world, and God has another plan. And how Perfect His plan is.

You see, I poured out my heart as God led me to tell these families, of our own family story of a little boy being born with cleft lip and palate, my nephew,who is now 26 years old. I explained how today, you would never know he was born with such a defect. With the help of translation, I spoke with the Mother from Georgia. I went away that day and prayed for her and her husband and their precious little boy.

The next time I saw her, I grabbed my cell phone and pulled up a recent picture of my nephew and showed her. Her face lit up, and she took the phone to her husband for him to see. She brought the phone back to me and said "thank you", and I choked back tears. I held my arms out for the baby and Mom handed him tome. I didn't want to let go.

God orchestrated my meetings with these families, should there be any doubt. No, there is only hope; hope that can only be found in Jesus. God works in amazingways...sometimes they are grand, often times they are small and might go unnoticed. They are small steps that are taken towards God's grander plan for each of us,who choose to call Him, Lord and Saviour.

The Oasis is a beautiful and perfect place where those that have hit rock bottom, are hurting, and searching, can come to open arms ready to take them in, lovingly,as God has planned. How perfect God's plan is.

May God continue to Bless the Missionaries at the Oasis and the Ministry; May God Bless their families, and, their extended families who no doubt, miss them dearly; and last but not least, May God Bless those they serve.

Kathy Geiger

No comments:

Post a Comment