I want to say "Thank you" to many people for many things. Thank you FBCG for giving me the opportunity to serve on mission trips. Thanks to the many people who have supported me with prayers and financial assistance. Thank you Tracie for gathering all the school books necessary for Nana to finish his classes. Thanks to two dear friends who had given me tea cups and saucers to be used for my Ladies Night Program. One dear friend had given her tea cups that were collected through out her life, and the other had given her tea sets from her son's wedding. These were beautiful and precious gifts from the heart. The ladies that were able to choose their favorite cups and keep them as gifts had a night to forget pain and suffering and just be happy. Finally I must thank my family. My husband that can run the household smoothly for three
weeks, and solve all problems that arise.
I arrived home Saturday night at 9:30 US time and 4:30 AM my Austria time. I was exhausted. Sunday morning I literally had to drag myself to Church. Pastor Jeff had given a sermon just for me! I'm sure many other people felt the same way I did. He asked a question, "When was the last time you were amazed by God"? I wanted to jump out of my seat and scream "Every day on my mission trip for the past three weeks"! God accepts my strengths and gifts that I have to offer, but He also uses my weaknesses and imperfections. As I serve God and allow Him the right to use me to help others and to allow Him to help me grow in faith, love and relationships, I am simply amazed and grateful.
A few of my precious memories from the Austria Mission Trip: (Please pray for these people)
An elderly Chinese man that walks by taking six inch steps and his eyes are excited and his smile tells me he is happy to see me.
A special family of three. The man is a Christian and the wife used to wear a veil. The brothers have stabbed and tried to kill her and they have fled their homeland. They were to be deported back on the 21st of September, unless they could flee to a Church in Denmark that is a safe haven for them.
A family with a mother of 5 that had tried to tell her husband that she is about to give birth and finds out he has been murdered by an unmentionable group. Now she has 6 children and is in a camp in a strange new land.
My precious young Afghan men that help to wash, dry and put away the dishes after coffee night is over. They called me "Mama" and said they wanted to help.
An Iranian man that literally has no home. He can't return to Iran. He lived nine years in Hungary and was then denied his papers. He escapes to Austria. Austria will send him back to Hungary to a prison type camp for six months, and then tell him to leave the country. No country will let him stay. What kind of life is that?
Traiskirchen Camp in Austria is where refugees from many countries flee to in their time of crisis. These refugees are displaced, persecuted, or in fear for their lives. The Oasis is a place where refugees living at the Traiskirchen Camp can come for clothing, Bible study, socializing with games and coffee, children's activities, or just to leave their small living quarters. Many refugees will just sit on the bench outside the doors for long periods of time. God has drawn missionaries from many parts of the world and formed a team of workers with compassionate hearts and a willingness to serve. God continuously draws teams from all over the world to work alongside the missionaries throughout the year.
I thank God for Sue Tristano and Ruth Nelson that have served at The Oasis before me, and returned home with the great vision of helping refugees in our own neighborhoods. I am looking forward to another great year of serving alongside these ladies and many others that offer their time and talents to let God's light shine through them.
Thank you Tom and Sue for leading the Austria Team, and thanks also to our team that has given up two weeks of their life to serve and accomplish more than I thought possible.
Rose
Friday, October 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment